You are currently browsing the daily archive for August 1, 2012.
The following message has been received by the Kenya Quilt Guild, sent to us by Gail Langton, Chairperson of the Kenya Embroiderers Guild, to inform us of an upcoming sale of the sewing, quilting and embroidery materials and supplies from the estate of recently deceased Rowena Buxton:
We will be holding a sale of Rowena Buxton’s sewing stuff at East African Women’s League Headquarters (WEAL House) on August 9th. Doors open around 9.30, doors to hall and sale open at 10:00. Entry cost 50/= will cover the cost of hall hire. Tea and coffee will be available.
There will be lots of wonderful things to purchase – please see the list below – so please come along, bring lots of money and spend (change will be appreciated).
The proceeds from this sale will be going to various charities, one of which will be the Flying Doctor Services who valiantly battled to save Rowena’s life on 11th June.
Goods for sale include:
- several boxes of books – embroidery and quilting
- 1 box magazines
- sewing fabric, some large pieces for dress making and some metres, fat quarters etc. for quilting
- wool and embroidery threads
- haberdashery items (rickrack, lace, zips, bias, sewing thread, etc.)
- sewing gadgets (bias tape maker, etc.)
- quilting items (wadding, boards, shapes, etc.)
- frames and hoops–at least 2 freestanding frames
- cross stitch kits
- cross stich fabrics (aida, etc.)
- 2 sewing machines (if interested please contact KQG through the Contact Form in the sidebar at left)
- tablecloths, cushion covers, gloves, scarves, khangas, small bags, etc.
There will also be an opportunity to sign up for Mary Hickmott’s Embroidery classes, or to pay the deposit/balance if you have already signed up.