You are currently browsing the daily archive for August 7, 2012.
Deanna Gaudaur had invited KQG members to visit her home in Kijabe to see her long-arm quilting machine setup, so a large group of them arrived on August 2. Everyone had a great time, although the weather was chilly, and they enjoyed a wonderful pot luck lunch. Thanks, Deanna, for your hospitality!
Deanna also sends along her recipe for Cranberry/Orange Scones:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar(Or 2 T sugar if you aren’t making icing)
Cut in to the flour in small pieces (size of peas):
- 1/4 cup shortening (Kimbo)
Add to the flour mixture:
- 1/4 cup glazed orange peel (beside the glazed cherries in Nakumatt)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
Add and gently stir in
- 3/4 cup unsweetened lala (or sour milk or 1/2 plain yoghurt and 1/2 milk)